Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
- PhD Candidate, Department of Public Policy
- Anticipated completion: spring 2022
- Thesis: Sustainable Population in Israel: Policy Exploration
- Advisor: Professor Alon Tal
- Coursework grade average: 86
University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
- M.A. Degree, with Dean’s honors, 2012-2015. Department: Geography and Environmental Studies
- Thesis: Disposable Diaper Waste Treatment Options for Israel; grade: 95
- Coursework grade average: 95
Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
- B.A. Degree, 2001, Cum laude
Major: Middle Eastern Studies, with honors; Minor: Jewish Studies
- Thesis: Wellesley Alumnae in Israel: Exploring Issues of Identity in Historical, Sociological, and Religious Perspectives
- Gould, R., Gallagher, M. K. (2020). We can do better: Opportunities to adopt a new economic paradigm thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, Accepted for publication – Israel Journal of Foreign Affairs.
- Gould, R., Tal, A. (2020). Returning Population to the Sustainable Development Discourse: Israel as a Case Study, Accepted for publication – AUC Studia Territorialia.
- Gould, R., Golan, O. (2019). Big Data for Little Baby: Ethical Aspects of Using Big Data to Improve IVF Provision. The Clinic and the Bank. Van Leer Institute. July 7-10, 2019. Jerusalem: Van Leer Institute.
- Gould, R., Golan, O. Big Data for Little Baby: Ethical Aspects of Using Big Data to Improve IVF Provision, The Clinic and the Bank, Van Leer Institute, July 7-10, 2019. Jerusalem, Israel.
- Gould, R. Disposable Diaper Waste Treatment Options for Israel. Poster presented at: Israel Society for Ecology and Environmental Studies (ISEES) Annual Conference; June 19-20, 2019; Tel Aviv, Israel.
English Tutoring and Editing Services (8/13-present) – Editing and proof-reading academic articles. Private English teacher for elementary, middle, and high school age students as well as adults.
Guidance Director; Camp Solomon Schechter; Tumwater, WA (9/16-9/17) – Head of guidance team at Jewish summer camp for campers aged 7-13. Supporting campers, staff, and parents before, during, and after camp.
Community Outreach; Jewish Agency for Israel; Haifa, Israel (8/08-11/12) – Organization of Hebrew conversation gatherings for new olim to improve their Hebrew via conversation with Israelis.
Resource Development; Public Health Coalition; Haifa, Israel (9/11-2/12) – General fundraising work for both new initiatives and established programs.
Community Activist; Yokneam (10/13-present) – 2018 City Council Candidate running on platform of environmental protection and community development; founder and co-chair neighborhood council
Board Member, Partnership2gether; Yokneam (4/19-present) – Member of steering committee of Jewish Agency partnership project between Yokneam-Megiddo-St Louis-Atlanta
Founder, English Tutoring Center; Yokneam (5/17-present) – Coordinator of free weekly English homework help and tutoring center staffed with English speaking volunteers
Community Representative; Nefesh B’Nefesh, Israel (10/13-present) – Community volunteer and outreach representative supporting potential and new olim
Volunteer, Yokneam Cooks for New Moms; Yokneam (12/17-present) – Meals supporting new mothers
Volunteer, Wellesley College; Wellesley, MA & Israel (12/00-present) – Reunion chair; class secretary; fundraising representative, Israel club volunteer
Founder, Karen B’Ktana; Yokneam (9/16-5/19) – Established women’s giving circle providing small grants supporting community-based programming
Board Member, Ohel Menashe; Yokneam (10/13-9/18) – Active member and past board member of Conservative (Masorti) community
Volunteer, Hadasim School; Yokneam (9/13-6/18) –Parent’s Council Leadership Team Member; supported class and school program development; supported Jewish Agency Partnership programs; school representative at Jewish Agency Partnership events and meetings
Languages: English (mother tongue); Hebrew (proficient)