The State of the world when peace returns to Ukraine
The Boris Mints Institute and the International Graduate School of Social Sciences have joined forces to start a new discussion forum inaugurated as the “International Club”.
The “International Club" will meet, mostly virtually but not only, to discuss the most pressing challenges to global order.
Our inaugural meeting will take place on September 28 at 09:00 U.S. Eastern time, 10:00 A.M. NYC time, 04:00 P.M. West European central time, and 05:00 P.M. Israeli and Eastern European time.
Five Speakers have confirmed their participation, and each will be expected to talk for ten minutes on his or her area of expertise (names appear in alphabetical order):
- Prof. Shlomo Ben Ami, Vice President of the Toledo International Centre for Peace, Former Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs, Professor Emeritus of History, Tel-Aviv University, on Conflicts and their Resolution
- Prof. Simon Hix, Department of Political and Social Sciences, European University Institute, on The European Union during and Post the War in Ukraine
- Prof. Miranda Schreurs, Professor of Environmental and Climate Policy, Technical University of Munich, on The EURO zone Energy crisis, now and later
- Prof. Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Laureate (Economics), Professor of Economics at NYU and Distinguished Honorary Academic Head at IGS3, on Enabling economic growth in devastated environments
- Prof. James Wertsch, Director Emeritus of the McDonnell International Scholars Academy, Professor of Sociocultural Anthropology at Washington University in St. Louis, on The collective memory of this and other conflicts
The Discussion will be moderated by Prof. Itai Sened, Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Head of the International Graduate School of Social Sciences and of the Boris Mints Institute for Strategic Policy Solutions to Global Challenges.
The broadcast can be viewed via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVmotEnncrU